Heading out to see the historic sites of Concord, MA? Visiting family or friends? Or possibly going to spend a day shopping in a quaint New England town? Within the T intersection of Main Street and Walden Street, in a little downtown area, one can sample some fabulous food for those who are HUNGRY and looking for a bite to grab or eat!
- Helen’s at 17 Main Street – The best breakfast in town! Young and old love the simple American fare offered at this family friendly restaurant. Sit at the counter or in a booth. The wait staff is efficient and the food is always reliable, as well as delicious. Lunch, dinner and ice cream favorites offered as well. Summer months have me popping in for a coffee ice cream frappe!
- Main Street Market & Cafe at 42 Main Street – A local gathering place offering coffee, pastries, breakfast, lunch and dinner. A favorite among the biking set. Sit outside on their benches and enjoy your coffee, chat with friends. Seat yourself inside at a high top table, and order whatever tickles your fancy. Sandwiches and burgers are their specialty. They also have a burrito and ice cream bar down the alley!
- Sally Ann Food Shop at 73 Main Street – A Concord institution making scrumptious loaves of homemade bread everyday. Don’t let the simplicity of this shop fool you. The cracked wheat or cinnamon bread is to dye for, breakfast scones and muffins amazing, and old fashioned cookies an everyday staple. If you are looking for an incredible sandwich, this is the place. Their BLT, Veggie, Roasted Turkey and Curried Tuna keep the regulars always stopping in for their lunch order. Sally Ann’s also bakes impressive cakes, which are their secret specialty!
- Haute Coffee at 12 Walden Street – A fantastic coffee shop tucked down the side alley of Walden Street. Offering freshly roasted coffees from the barista who makes a perfect cortado, espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc. along with pour-over coffees. They offer various teas along with hot chocolate for the cold winter months. Baked goodies are delectable and homemade, while a few are sourced from Iggy’s. The lunch menu offers wonderful sandwiches and soups. This is my daily stop for a jolt of java!
- The Cheese Shop of Concord at 29 Walden Street – Looking to pack a picnic or create a cheese board for entertaining? Maybe you are hungry for a sandwich to consume at a child’s sporting event or to bring along on your canoe ride? This shop has an extensive cheese display with a knowledgable staff, to help you out with any of the above options. Grab some crackers, baguette, a bottle of wine or a few other unique treats, and you have a perfect picnic ready to go. Patrons line up to order their sandwiches daily along with other house-made goodies. The tarragon chicken salad is fantastic!
- Priscilla Candy Shop at 19 Walden Street – Who can resist popping into a sinfully good candy shop? Priscilla’s has a mouthwatering selection of handmade chocolates, chocolate covered nuts, jellybeans and other novelty candies. This is the perfect place to satisfy your sweet tooth or grabbing a gift for your favorite chocoholic. All ages love the candy offerings especially during the holidays!
- Bondir at 24 Walden Street – Offering delicious lunch and dinner options using local ingredients in a unique presentation of food. This is the place to stop, relax and savor a delicious meal. Chef Jason Bond is always creating a new dish that satisfies your stomach and visually pleasing to the eye. Bondir has a sister restaurant in Cambridge with the same appeal. Celebrate a special occasion or simply eat at the bar and get to know a few of the locals. You won’t be disappointed!
Delicious food opportunities, for dining and purchasing, continue to be open up in the Concord area. These were just a few. Stayed tuned for our next installment, Pickins in West Concord.